Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Kallie Jo's Treasure Box Tea









My beautiful daughter turned 16 last summer, so I presented her with a special Treasure Box Tea.  I invited her friends and their mothers, her female relatives, some teachers and closest adult friends.  I asked them to please choose a trinket for Kallie to be placed in her treasure box along with writing a letter to her admonishing Kallie to walk with Jesus and be a woman after God's own heart.  I then put the letters together in a book and had it published by Mypublisher.com.  We added pictures of the ladies along with their letters, and the book will be a treasure Kallie will have all her life.  We had a garden tea party in our own back yard.  The ladies gave my daughter their trinkets and described what the meaning behind them were.  Kallie and I were deeply touched by the outpouring of love.  The cake matched the invitations.  I had Pen and Paper Flowers (a website I found online through thetomkatstudio.com blogspot) make the invitations.  It was a beautiful summer day.

1 comment: