Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Grandma Maxine's Memorial Cake



My darling Grandma Max.  I just called her Max; she was my step-grandmother, married to my wonderful grandfather for 22 years.  She went to heaven in January 2011.  Her memorial service was on her would-be 83rd birthday.  I wanted to make a special cake for the occasion with some things that represented this fabulous lady (with the emphasis on lady).  She loved flowers, so gum paste flowers were in order for her cake.  She loved, memorized and studied the Bible, so this was made out of rice treats covered in fondant.  The musical ribbon says "You are the sunshine of my life," which was the song my grandfather, affectionately called Papa, sang to her.  She was all about glam, so I HAD to have her signature coral lipstick and nail polish on the cake as well as a pearl necklace and non-edible diamond ring.  Max touched my life for eternity.  You see, she was the one, along with Papa, who introduced me to Jesus.  And I live for Him all the days of my life.  Please, Jesus, give them kisses and hugs from me today.  I miss them so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment